Dominion of Zona Act 2012
The Dominion of Zona Act 2012 is a Siroccan law passed by the Government of Sirocco on March 17, 2012, which allowed the absorption of the Zonian Confederacy into the greater Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco as the Dominion of Zona on March 21, 2012.
In response to the desire for the Zonian Confederacy to join the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco and become a Dominion of said nation, the following document, hereby known as the Dominion of Zona Act 2012, shall outline the means by which Zona shall join the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco and how it shall be managed.
Section One (Documentation)
- The Zonian document known as the “Treaty of Dawn” (henceforth referred to as “the Treaty”) shall work alongside this Act.
- Both this document and the Treaty shall honour each other and be valid in both Siroccan and Zonian law.
- Where the Treaty of Dawn clashes with the Constitution of the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco (henceforth referred to as “the Constitution”), the offending article in the Treaty shall be legally frozen until a solution is reached, which must take place within a period of no longer than fourteen days.
Section Two (Lawmaking)
- The micronation known as the “Zonian Confederacy” shall be officially dissolved and replaced by three new Provinces for the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco.
- These provinces shall be collectively referred to as the “Dominion of Zona”.
- Each province shall be allowed its own laws, leaders and capital city in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco, however these provinces will ultimately be run (as all provinces are) from the capital city of the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco.
- The Constitution shall be the ultimate foundation of law in both Sirocco and Zona and must be upheld by both nations.
- The Dominion of Zona shall be ruled by a Shogun from its capital city.
- The Dominion of Zona may propose Acts and laws affecting the entire Federal Commonwealth, but not of Sirocco itself. Likewise, Acts and laws proposed by Sirocco may not affect Zona.
- All Siroccan Acts and laws in place at the time of the ratification of this document will carry over to Zona, however all laws passed afterwards may not necessarily automatically apply to Zona.
- Existing Siroccan laws carried over into Zona following merger (as outlined in Section 2.7) may only be repealed by the discretion of the Premier of Sirocco following an official appeal by the Zonian Shogun.
- The Premier of Sirocco shall retain his position as ultimate lawmaker in the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco – this shall extend to the Dominion of Zona as well.
Section Three (Political parties)
- Political parties are allowed to operate either independently in the Dominion of Zona or in the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco itself.
- Parties which choose to run inside the Dominion are not eligible for seats in the Siroccan Executive or to run in Commonwealth-wide elections.
- Political parties are to be registered as stipulated in the Political Parties Act 2011 within their respective areas – political parties registering in the Dominion of Zona are to be registered by the discretion of the Zonian Shogun, likewise political parties registering in the entire Commonwealth are to be registered by the discretion of the Siroccan Premier.
Section Four (Diplomatic relations)
- Diplomatic relations shall be managed by the Siroccan Ministry of Access.
- Nations seeking relations with Sirocco or Zona must agree to recognise both or neither at all.
Section Five (Military)
- The Dominion of Zona may manage its own military, however this will ultimately come under the command of the Siroccan Defence Forces and the Siroccan Ministry of the Commonwealth.
- Any declarations of war upon either Sirocco or Zona shall be taken as a Commonwealth-wide declaration of war.
Section Six (Currency)
- The Dominion of Zona shall use the Siroccan Simoleon as its currency.
- Change or addition of currency may only be assented to by the Premier of the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco.
Section Seven (Broadcasting)
- The Zonian Broadcasting Network, while considered to be a private enterprise by the Dominion of Zona, shall be considered by the Ministry of Access to be part of the Siroccan Broadcasting Corporation.
- The Zonian Broadcasting Network shall, however, be allowed to manage its own content, however this is within reason.
Section Eight (Language)
- English, Siroccan and Edallic shall be considered official languages within the wider Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco.
- Krugarian shall be considered an additional language in the Dominion of Zona only.
Section Nine (Time zones)
- Sirocco’s official time zones shall be as follows:
- New Zealand Standard Time (NZST): GMT+12, observed in Sirocco only.
- New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT): GMT+13, observed in Sirocco only.
- South African Standard Time (SAST): GMT+2, observed in Zona only.
Section Ten (Date of Enforcement)
- This Act shall become law at the following times:
- Sirocco: 12:00AM midnight NZDT on Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- Zona: 1:00PM SAST on Tuesday, March 20, 2012.
Signed in the National Capital District on this day, the Seventeenth of March, Two Thousand and Twelve A.D
Daniel Anderson, Premier of the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco
Nicholas Woode-Smith, President of the Zonian Confederacy and Shogun of the Dominion of Zona